Born on August 3, 1983, Mamie Gummer is an actress who grew up in Los Angeles, California and got exposed at an early age to the world of show business, thanks to her actress mother Meryl Streep. At the tender age of 3, she appeared in her mother's movie Heartburn under the name Natalie Stern and got positive reviewers from critics.
After studying at Miss Porter's School and Kent School, Gummer took up theatre and communications at Northwestern University, where she graduated in 2005. Shortly after, she was given the opportunity to work with Michael C. Hall in the off-Broadway production of Noah Haidle's Mr. Marmalade, which earned her a Theatre World Award.
In 2006, Gummer was cast in The Hoax and has since been active in both the big screen and small screen. She is credited for her work in Evening, Stop-Loss, All Saints Day, The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond, Taking Woodstock, The Lightkeepers, Coach and The Ward.
Gummer, who has also appeared on TV shows like John Adams and The Good Wife, currently stars as Mina Minard on the ABC series Off the Map.
- She is the daughter of actress Meryl Streep and sculptor Don Gummer.
- During her younger years, she played the same character as her real-life mother, Meryl Streep, in The House of the Spirits and The Evening.
- She had a cameo on The Devil Wears Prada, playing a Starbucks barista. The scene is included in the deleted scenes on the DVD.
- She graduated from the Northwestern University's School of Communications in 2005.
- Heartburn (1986)
- Reservations (2003)
- The Hoax (2006)
- Evening (2007)
- All Saints Day (2007)
- Alabama Leaves (2008)
- Stop-Loss (2008)
- The Loss of a Teardrop Diamond (2008)
- Taking Woodstock (2009)
- The Lightkeepers (2009)
- Coach (2010)
- Twelve Thirty (2010)
- The Ward (2010)
- The Good Wife (recurring, 2010-2011)
- Off the Map (regular, 2011)