Laurie Holden began her acting career as a child, getting her first break in The Martian Chronicles as a last-minute replacement. She later graduated from UCLA with a theater degree.
Holden appeared in several Canadian productions, including TV series Scales of Justice and Family Passions. Her first major role was in the TNT miniseries Young Catherine, where she appeared alongside Vanessa Redgrave. She also held recurring roles in The X-Files and The Magnificent Seven.
Holden's more recent films include The Majestic, The Fantastic Four and Silent Hill. In 2008, she recurred in FX's The Shield; in 2010 she joined the cast of AMC's The Walking Dead.
- She is a crusader for children's charities including Planet Hope and Feed the Children.
- She was named as one of the 100 Most Creative People in Hollywood "It List."
- Separate Vacations (1986)
- Physical Evidence (1989)
- Expect No Mercy (1995)
- Past Perfect (1996)
- The Majestic (2001)
- Bailey's Billion$ (2005)
- Fantastic Four (2005)
- Silent Hill (2006)
- The Mist (2007)
- The X Files (recurring, 1996-2002)
- The Magnificent Seven (recurring, 1998-2000)
- The Shield (recurring, 2008)
- The Walking Dead (regular, 2010-present)
"I don't want my tombstone to say actress. I want it to say human being."