Inspired by her dancer parents, Lacey Schwimmer began dancing at a young age. She began competing when she was seven years old, winning her first championship - the US Open Swing Dance Championship - at age 10. She most notably was the partner of Jared Murillo, who went on to dance for the High School Musical series.
Schwimmer first auditioned for the Fox series So You Think You Can Dance for the second season, in 2006. She didn't make it through, but her brother, Benji, went on to win. She successfully made the Top 20 in the following season, where she became a favorite both among voters and judges; she is one of a few SYTYCD finalists who have never found themselves in danger of elimination. She finished in fourth, behind winner Sabra Johnson.
Schwimmer then joined ABC's Dancing with the Stars as a professional dancer, the first SYTYCD finalist to join the show. She finished in third place with her partner, Lance Bass.
- She has competed in dozens of competitions with Jared Murillo and Jamie Bayard.
- Lacey, with brother Benji, has performed in Christina Aguilera's music video "Candyman" as a jitterbugger.
- US Open Swing Dance Championship, Young Adult Division, 1998 (with Blace Thompson)
- US Open Swing Dance Championship, Young Adult Division, 2000 (with Blace Thompson)
- US Open Swing Dance Championship, Young Adult Division, 2002 (with Jaime Bayard)
- US Open Swing Dance Championship, Young Adult Division, 2004 (with Jared Murillo)
- US National Youth Latin Championship, 2006 (with Jared Murillo)
- World Swing Dance Championship, Classic Division, 2007 (with Benji Schwimmer)
- So You Think You Can Dance (contestant, 2007)
- The Suite Life of Zack and Cody (guest, 2007)
- Dancing with the Stars (pro dancer, 2008-2010)