Kim Raver graduated from Boston University with a fine arts degree, and later studied theater in New York. Her earliest role was in the children's series Sesame Street. Her adult career took off in the mid-1990s, when she appeared in several TV commercials; she made her Broadway debut in the 1995 staging of Holiday.
Raver's first major role came in 1999, when she joined the cast of Third Watch as paramedic Kim Zambrano. She left the show after the fifth season to join the cast of 24, as Audrey Raines, the eventual love interest of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer. She stayed with the series for two seasons.
After a stint on the short-lived ABC series The Nine, Raver joined the cast of NBC's Lipstick Jungle, alongside Brooke Shields. The series ran for only two seasons. She eventually joined the cast of ABC's Grey's Anatomy, as Teddy Altman.
Raver also appeared in several films, sich as Night at the Museum and Prisoner. She is married to Manuel Boyer, with whom she has two sons.
- She and her Lipstick Jungle co-star, Brooke Shields, both attended the same grade school.
- She is fluent in English, French and German.
- Martin & Orloff (2002)
- Mind the Gap (2004)
- Keep Your Distance (2005)
- Night at the Museum (2006)
- Prisoner (2007)
- Sesame Street (regular, 1975-1978)
- Central Park West (recurring, 1995)
- Trinity (recurring, 1998)
- Third Watch (regular, 1999-2005)
- 24 (regular, 2004-2007)
- The Nine (regular, 2006-2007)
- Lipstick Jungle (regular, 2008-2009)
- Grey's Anatomy (regular, 2009-present)