The son of Broadway veteran R.F. Daley, John Francis Daley has been acting since he was nine years old. He made his debut in the American and international tours of The Who's Tommy, appearing as a young version of the title character. He made his major break in 1999, when he joined the short-lived comedy Freaks and Geeks, appearing as oft-bullied Sam Weir.
Daley later joined the casts of two more short-lived shows: The Geena Davis Show in 2000, and Kitchen Confidential in 2005. He also had a recurring role in the drama series Boston Public. In 2007, he joined the cast of the Fox series Bones, appearing as newbie psychologist Lance Sweets.
Daley has also appeared in several movies, including View from the Top and Waiting...
- He auditioned several times for Les Miserables on Broadway, but producers thought he was never tall enough to play Gavroche. By the time he was tall enough, he had lost interest.
- He holds a black belt in Kung Fu.
- He plays drums and the piano.
- View from the Top (2003)
- Waiting... (2005)
- '77 (2007)
- Burying the Ex (2008)
- Freaks and Geeks (regular, 1999-2000)
- Boston Public (recurring, 2000)
- The Geena Davis Show (regular, 2000-2001)
- Regular Joe (recurring, 2003)
- Kitchen Confidential (regular, 2005-2006)
- Bones (regular, 2007-present)