Born on 1966 and raised in New Orleans, Louisiana, Frederick Weller graduated from the University of North Carolina and studied acting at Julliard. His acting career started as an understudy in the acclaimed 1991 production of "Six Degrees of Separation" in New York City. Two years later, he received valuable airtime in television through I'll Fly Away, Law and Order, and The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles. In the same year of 1993, he landed a starring role in the ABC drama series Missing Persons but the show did not catch on with the general public. After television, Weller made his big screen debut as the lead in the 1995 movie Stonewall. His subsequent roles were mostly small parts, such as in Basquiat in 1996 and Armageddon in 1998.
Weller fared much better doing what he originally loved doing, theater. He shared an OBIE award with the rest of the cast for Curtains in 1996 and acted opposite Stockard Channing in the Broadway production of The Little Foxes in 1997. Weller returned to television via a leading role in Elmore Leonard's The Gold Coast and Aftershock: Earthquake in New York in 1997 and 1999 respectively. As the new millennium broke, Weller alternately went from the big screen to television then back to theater, with roles in the film Coyote Ugly, the miniseries The Beach Boys: An American Family. He later performed on the stage play The Shape of Things by Neil LaBute. This enabled him to work alongside Paul Rudd and Rachel Weisz. Next, Weller landed roles in productions of When I Will Be Loved, with Neve Campbell, and on The Business of Strangers with Stockard Channing and Julia Stiles. In 2008, Weller joined the cast of the USA Network series In Plain Sight. There, he portrays Marshall Mann, the partner of US Marshall Mary Shannon who works for the highly clandestine Federal Witness Protection Program. They work well together partly due to Marshall's intense focus on the job and Mary's keen intelligence, but more so because they are also good friends. In that year, Weller landed roles in Life in Flight and was seen on shows like Law & Order: Criminal Intent, Monk, and Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.
Spouse - Ali Marsh (6 September 2003 - present)
He was born and raised in the New Orleans area.
Intially successful as a stage actor, that is still his greatest passion.
Frequently appears in both plays and films based on material by Neil LaBute and David Mamet.
Graduated from the University of North Carolina.
Studied acting at Julliard.
Cousin of actor Peter Weller (their fathers are brothers).
1. Buffalo Bushido (2009) (completed) .... Wendyl
2. "In Plain Sight" .... Marshall Mann (25 episodes, 2008-2009)
3. "Wainy Days"(1 episode, 2009)- Rochelle: Part 1
4. Life in Flight (2008)
5. "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" ... Dale Mullen
6. "Monk" .... Jay Bennett (1 episode, 2006)
7. "Related" (1 episode, 2006)- The Move (2006) TV episode
8. Four Lane Highway (2005) .... Sean
9. Southern Belles (2005) .... Tracy Hampton
10. "The Jury" .... Holden Bradford (1 episode, 2004)
11. When Will I Be Loved (2004).... Ford Welles
12. "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" .... Preston Bennett (1 episode, 2003)
13. The Shape of Things (2003) .... Phillip
14. The Pink House (2003) .... Young Pritchard
15. The Business of Strangers (2001).. Nick Harris
16. In the Beginning (2000) (TV).... Jacob
17. The Beach Boys: An American Family (2000) (TV) .... Brian Wilson
18. Aftershock: Earthquake in New York (1999) (TV) .... Nicholai Karvovsky
19. Puppet (1999) .... Rick
20. Armageddon (1998/I).... NASA Techs
21. Harvest (1998) .... Bucky Upton
22. How to Make the Cruelest Month (1998) .... Rickey
23. Gold Coast (1997) (TV) .... Arnold Rapp
24. Hudson River Blues (1997) .... Ron
25. Basquiat (1996) .... Frank
26. Stonewall (1995) .... Matty Dean
27. "Missing Persons" .... Investigator Johnny Sandowski (17 episodes, 1993-1994)
28. "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" .... Eliot Ness (1 episode, 1993)
29. "Law & Order" .... Dan Garrett (1 episode, 1993)
30. "I'll Fly Away" .... Jimmy Yates (1 episode, 1991)