Eve Myles graduated from the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama. She immediately joined the cast of the BBC Wales drama Belonging, appearing as one of the major characters, Ceri Owen. She held the role until 2009, when the series wrapped. She pursued a stage career in 2001, notably appearing in productions of Titus Andronicus and The Taming of the Shrew.
Myles is, however, best known for her role in the BBC drama Torchwood. She was discovered by creator Russell T. Davies after a minor role in the sci-fi series Doctor Who; she was later cast in its spin-off as Torchwood team member Gwen Cooper. She won a BAFTA Wales Award for her role, in 2007.
Myles later appeared in the BBC drama Little Dorrit, and films such as These Foolish Things and A Bit of Tom Jones? She has a child with her long-term partner, Bradley Freegard.
Ystradgynlais, Powys, Wales
- BAFTA Cymru Award, Best Actress, 2007 (for Torchwood)
- Say It With Flowers (2005)
- These Foolish Things (2006)
- A Bit of Tom Jones? (2009)
- Belonging (regular, 2000-2009)
- Torchwood (regular, 2006-present)
- Doctor Who (recurring, 2008)
- Little Dorrit (recurring, 2008)