Ed Westwick got his start in acting as a member of the London-based National Youth Theatre. His first on-screen credits include guest stints in British TV dramas such as Doctors and Casualty, as well as the 2006 film Children of Men, and the acclaimed coming-of-age drama Son of Rambow.
Westwick's biggest break, however, came from the United States. In 2007, he joined the cast of the CW series Gossip Girl, based on the book series of the same name. His portrayal of the ambitious Chuck Bass earned him some acclaim, not to mention a loyal following.
Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England
- He is the lead singer of the band The Filthy Youth.
- His father lectures in business studies and his mother is an educational psychologist.
- 'American Psycho' is his favorite film, and he usually watches it with 'Gossip Girl' co-star Chace Crawford. He also likes 'The Dark Knight' and 'The Godfather: Part II'.
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV Villain, 2008 (for Gossip Girl)
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV Villain, 2009 (for Gossip Girl)
- Young Hollywood Award, Breakthrough Performance (Male), 2009 (for Gossip Girl)
- Young Hollywood Award, Young Hollywood Breakthrough (Male), 2009
2011: Chalet Girl - Jonny
2007-2011: Gossip Girl (TV series) - Chuck Bass
2010: The Commuter (short) - Bellboy In Lift
2009: Californication (TV series) - Balt
2009: S. Darko - Randy
2008: 100 Feet - Joey
2007: Son of Rambow - Lawrence Carter
2006: Afterlife (TV series) - Darren
2006: Breaking and Entering - Zoran
2006: Children of Men - Alex
2006: Casualty (TV series) - Johnny Cullin
2006: Doctors (TV series) - Holden Edwards
"I take everybody I meet out to dinner."
"A lot of English people have been recruited this year. I think it's mainly because there's such a wide variety of work over here."
"It's fantastic working with such a talented group of people. It's always good to be around nice looking people."
"I'm a lounge guy. I love playing pool. I love finding someplace where it's quiet enough that you can control the jukebox and get on with your lif.e"
"That food is so bad at McDonald's, it's really not that great."
"I'm not into sceney spots, so we hang out in people's apartments. I'm only 20. And I'd rather be known for my career rather than my whereabouts. To be respected as an actor it doesn't help to be seen out in the clubs."
"My brother Will was more of a devil, though I was easily led astray."
"When I was 17, I had certain characteristics of Chuck's, but obviously the context was different. I didn't have a string of lovers. I'm a good boy."