Dianna Agron was born in Savannah, Georgia, but was raised in San Francisco, California. She studied at Burlingame High School.
Agron began her acting career in 2005, playing a supporting role in the indie film Talkers Are No Good Doers. Her more notable roles include a recurring stint on Heroes, where she played a rival to Hayden Panettiere's Claire Bennet; and in Veronica Mars' third season. Her most-known role to date is as head cheerleader Quinn Fabray on the hit Fox series Glee.
Agron has said that she wanted to pursue directing; before her work on Glee she has directed and written a short film, A Fuschia Elephant.
- Dianna is a vegan, and is a supporter of PETA.
- Dianna's father hails from Russia; her surname was originally "Agronsky" until, she said, Ellis Island officials altered it.
- Screen Actors Guild Award, Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series, 2010 (for Glee)
- Talkers Are No Good Doers (2005)
- TKO (2007)
- Rushers (2007)
- Skid Marks (2007)
- A Fuschia Elephant (actor, writer and director, 2009)
- Dinner with Raphael (2009)
- Bold Native (2010)
- The Romantics (2010)
- The Hunters (2010)
- I Am Number Four (2011)
- Veronica Mars (recurring, 2006-2007)
- Heroes (recurring, 2007)
- Glee (regular, 2009-present)