Chace Crawford took a while before pursuing an acting career. He took up broadcast journalism at Pepperdine University, and still struggled to choose a career path. He also participated in several sports such as football and golf. His mother finally convinced him to do acting, partly through the result of a career aptitude test he took in high school.
Crawford made his acting debut in the 2006 TV movie Long Lost Son; the same year, he starred in the film The Covenant. He got his biggest break in 2007, when he was cast as Nate Archibald in the TV series Gossip Girl. The popularity of the show led him to other film roles, such as The Haunting of Molly Hartley and Twelve. He also received three Teen Choice Awards for the role.
Crawford once dated American Idol winner Carrie Underwood, but the two broke up in 2008. In 2010, he was arrested for possession of marijuana, a charge which he denied.
Christopher Chace Crawford
- During an audition, somebody asked him for his pants as a souvenir.
- He was voted 'Best Dressed' his senior year of High School.
- His younger sister, Candice, is Miss Missouri USA 2008.
- Before Chace broke into the acting business, he was a valet. He admits to stealing customer's gum while on the job.
- Chace loves children so much that he gets emotional when they get hurt.
- Chace's worst habit is that he doesn't clean his dishes.
- Chace is right-handed.
- As well as his mother's encouragement, Chace also chose to become an actor based on a career aptitude test he had taken in high school.
- Besides getting married, Chace would love to fly a plane before he dies.
- Chace did all his stunts in the movie The Covenant, and claims that he would love to do them in the future.
- Chace is scared of spiders but not of heights.
- This talented artist also played football and golf in high school.
- In 2003, he graduated from Trinity Christian Academy.
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV: Breakout Star (Male), 2008 (for Gossip Girl)
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV Actor: Drama, 2009 (for Gossip Girl)
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV Actor: Drama, 2010 (for Gossip Girl)
2011: Peace, Love, & Misunderstanding - Cole
2007-2011: Gossip Girl (TV series) - Nate Archibald
2008-2010: Family Guy (TV series) - Boyfriend/Jock #2/Luke/…
2010: Twelve - White Mike
2009: Robot Chicken (TV series) - John Connor/Son
2009: Cavalcade of Cartoon Comedy (TV series short)
2008: The Haunting of Molly Hartley - Joseph Young
2008: Loaded - Hayden Price
2006: The Covenant - Tyler Simms
2006: Long Lost Son (TV movie) - Matthew Williams/Mark Halloran
"Being close to my friends. I like to spend time alone as well, but the best time is with friends around when you can laugh. It doesn't matter what we do are where we are."
"I like to play golf, I love sports, American football, basketball… and to eat! And play pool."
"I love walking around, and the energy of the city is fantastic."
"Doubt your doubts before you doubt your beliefs."