Busy Philipps began her career as a real-life Barbie in numerous toy fairs, before getting her big break in the short-lived cult hit Freaks and Geeks. She played short-tempered Kim Kelly in all but one episode of the series.
Philipps later joined the cast of the teen series Dawson's Creek, playing free-spirited Audrey Liddell for two seasons. In 2005 she joined the short-lived comedy Love, Inc., and later recurred on ER and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles -- the latter of which she shot while pregnant. In 2009, she joined the cast of the ABC comedy Cougar Town.
Philipps also saw some success in films, first appearing in the 2000 comedy The Smokers, and being part of major comedies such as White Chicks and Made of Honor. She is also co-credited with the story for the Will Ferrell flick Blades of Glory.
Philipps is married to screenwriter Marc Silverstein, with whom she has one daughter.
- Busy's parents gave her the nickname "Busy" because she was always moving as a baby.
- The Smokers (2000)
- Home Room (2002)
- Mummy an' the Armadillo (2004)
- White Chicks (2004)
- Made of Honor (2008)
- He's Just Not That Into You (2009)
- Freaks and Geeks (regular, 1999-2000)
- Dawson's Creek (regular, 2001-2003)
- Love, Inc. (regular, 2005-2006)
- ER (recurring, 2006-2007)
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (recurring, 2008-2009)
- Cougar Town (regular, 2009-present)