Blake Lively attended acting classes as a child, partly because her parents didn't want to leave her to a babysitter. Her mother's past as a model also gave her an interest in fashion. However, despite making her film debut at age 11, she wasn't immediately interested in acting.
Lively's first major role was in the chick flick The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, in 2005. It was a box office success, and gave Lively a Teen Choice Award nomination. She later appeared in several other films: Accepted, Simon Says, and Elvis and Anabelle, which earned praise from critics for her portrayal of a bulimic girl.
Bigger success came in 2007, when she was cast as socialist Serena van der Woodsen on the TV series Gossip Girl. Her higher profile led to further film projects, including a sequel to The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants, as well as New York, I Love You and The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.
- She loves going to Disneyland.
- She was involved in a lot of activities at her high school: she was a cheerleader, a choir singer, and the class president.
- For her audition on The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (2005), she had nothing but her photo since it was her first big role. The crew thought she was joking but as she walked out of the room, they knew she was perfect for the part.
- She once said that she doesn't like wearing heels because she finds herself tall enough.
- She dated Kelly Blatz from 2004 to 2007.
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV Actress: Drama, 2008 (for Gossip Girl)
- Teen Choice Award, Choice TV: Breakout Star (Female), 2008 (for Gossip Girl)
- Newport Beach Film Festival, Breakout Performance, 2008 (for Elvis and Anabelle)
2011: Green Lantern - Carol Ferris
2007-2011: Gossip Girl (TV series) - Serena van der Woodsen
2010: The Town - Krista Coughlin
2009: The Private Lives of Pippa Lee - Young Pippa
2009: New York, I Love You - Ex-Girlfriend
2008: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 - Bridget Vreeland
2007: Elvis and Anabelle - Anabelle
2006: Simon Says - Jenny
2006: Accepted - Monica Moreland
2005: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants - Bridget
1998: Sandman - Trixie/Tooth Fairy
"The biggest thing I've noticed is they kind of want everybody to be their character. Like Leighton [dating] Chace, and me and Leighton hating each other. Those are our characters on the show – that's not us in real life."
On filming racy scenes in Gossip Girl: "It's the most awkward thing! There's a room of 40 people watching you, they're telling you exactly how to move your head, and it's completely silent. It's awful!"
When asked "What's the gossip, girl?": "I'm being adopted by Brad and Angelina."
- Long blonde hair
- 5'10 frame