Bill Hader is an American actor and comedian best known for being a regular cast on Saturday Night Live and his roles on the films Superbad and Hot Rod. He was born on June 7, 1978 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and attended Cascia Hall Preparatory School.
A natural comedian, Bill Hader performed in the clubs of Los Angeles as a member of Second City, a comedy troupe which has been the training ground for many SNL cast members. During his years in the group, he worked as a production assistant on the DVD of Empire of Dreams: The Story of the Star Wars Trilogy and Collateral Damage. He also worked as assistant on VH1’s Surreal Life. Before joining SNL, Bill Hader is particularly known as a “field agent” on MTV’s Punk'd.
Bill Hader was discovered by Will & Grace star Megan Mullally while performing with the comedy troupe "Animals from the Future." After seeing his talent Mullally immediately referred him to SNL producer Lorne Michaels. Hader made his debut on the show on October 1, 2005 as a “featured player.” On his first night, he played the role of a psychologist giving his personal insights on life death during the emergency landing of Jet Blue Flight 292. Hader is also known in the show for mimicking the impressions of famous people such as those of Vincent Price and Al Pacino. He has also impersonated other famous personalities such as Colonel Sanders, Steven Seagal, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, John Mark Karr, James Mason and Peter Gallagher.
In 2007 Hader appeared in the comedy film Superbad, playing the incompetent Police Officer Slater, who together with officer Michaels, was fooled by the under aged Fogell (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) while purchasing alcohol in the liquor store. Hader also co-starred in Hot Rod together with Andy Samberg, Sissy Spacek, Jorma Taccone, Will Arnett, Danny R. McBride, Ian McShane, Isla Fisher.
- He was educated at Cascia Hall Prep School in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- He is a big fan of the Chicago Cubs and the Boston Red Sox.
- Aside from acting, he is also a filmmaker.
- He lists Rashomon (1950), Dr. Strangelove (1964),The Last Detail (1973), Jaws(1975), Love and Death (1975), The Evil Dead (1982), Raising Arizona (1987), Goodfellas(1990), Ed Wood (1994), Finding Nemo (2003) as his favorite films.
- He is a member of Animals from the Future, a sketch comedy troupe.
- One of his best friends is South Park co-creator Matt Stone.
- He is allergic to peanuts.
- He married Maggie Carey in 2006. They have one child together.
2011: Paul - Haggard
2010: Hoodwinked Too! Hood VS. Evil - Hansel (voice)
2005-2010: Saturday Night Live (TV series) - Various/Captain Hook
2010: 30 Rock (TV series) - Kevin
2010: The Venture Bros. (TV series) - Professor Impossible/Alien villain/Phage
2010: Scott Pilgrim vs. the World - The Voice (voice)
2010: Happy Birthday Sam Raimi from James Franco (video short) - Willem Dafoe
2010: Ugly Americans (TV series) - William Dyer
2008-2009: Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update Thursday (TV series) - John Malkovich/Keith Morrison/Kevin Quigley/...