Under the Dome has answered some questions this season, but has introduced quite a few new mysteries also. Last week at San Diego Comic-Con 2014, a few cast members sat down with reporters to shed some light on what's been going on and what's coming up next.
Under the Dome is available on Amazon Prime.
Interview with Colin Ford (Joe), Alexander Koch (Junior) and Eddie Cahill (Sam)
Highlights from the interview:
- Season 2 is more bleak. Even the set dressing is darker, season 1 had brighter colors.
- It's about the characters and their desperation. Sam's appearance reflects that.
- Big Jim and Julia will be struggling for power. Sam and Joe will both be on Julia's side. Neither of them care for Big Jim at all.
- Junior's more conflicted. Koch says, "Junior has some issues with his Papa. Junior can't really give up on his dad because he's his dad. That's the thing. He wants to go with Julia and wants to go with this other group ... at the end of the day it's tough to let go of that love of a parent despite how much their abused you or manipulated you."
- Junior finds out more about his mother. He looks to Sam as a role model and as the key to his mother's past.
- Sam provides answers which may help find a way out of the Dome, the meaning of the four hands, the stuff with the monarchs, even the answer of the Dome.
- Joe can handle things better now. Angie's death hasn't stopped him, if anything, it motivates him more.
- Joe believes that he may be able to bring his sister back. He wants to find a way out or learn more about the Dome. "Even though the mourning is there, I think it's almost motivation to keep going and solving problems," say Ford
- In the later half of the season, they will make the connection between the original four hands and the new ones. It's the key to a couple things.
Interview with Mike Vogel (Barbie) and Rachelle Lefevre (Julia)
During the Under the Dome panel
, CBS showed a clip from an upcoming episode that was quite a spoiler. Beware! In the scene, Barbie, Julia and Rebecca are in a cavern and he attempts to descend on a rope when he runs into trouble.
Julia and Rebecca try to pull him back out, but they don't have the strength and the rope is giving out. Instead of putting the women at risk, Barbie cuts the line and falls into the pit. That's the clip that's discussed in the below interview.
Highlights from the interview:
- "Where are we?" asks Vogel in regards to the clip of him and Julia at the cavern.
- "There's nothing saying I that I finished out the rest of the year. We'll have to see where that leads. It doesn't look like it ends very well for Barbie," says Vogel.
- Joe finds an anomoly in the Dome and gets an email. They find a portal. These tunnels are possibly a way out of the Dome and Barbie volunteers to go first and explore them.
- Big Jim craves power and believes he's entitled which creates a terrible leader. Julia's given a position of power, but she's reluctant. She's a better leader, but he'll do things that she won't do.
- Julia's being crowned the monarch plays throughout, but more immediate issues take precedence. It's still in the long game mythology of the show.
Under the Dome airs Mondays at 10pm ET on CBS.
(Image courtesy of CBS/Video: Carla Day)