We have plenty of questions as we enter the seventh and final season of True Blood
, including the biggest of them all, Eric's whereabouts, but those questions might have to wait as residents of Bon Temps prepare for war. In the latest trailer from HBO, we get a glimpse of the growing tension between humans and vampires, as well as the Hepatitis V-infected bloodsuckers. It also puts the spotlight on Sookie and Bill's complicated relationship.
Warning: This article may contain spoilers!
True Blood is available on Amazon Prime.
Here are the highlights from the trailer:
- Sookie claims: "Nobody in this town knows vampires better than me."
- War is evident as a group of rogue H-vamps are about to make their attack.
- Lafayette is all about celebrating life. He wants a piece of happiness too.
- We get our first look at Nathan Parson as the new James (replacing Luke Grimes).
- Alcide, who is also seen shirtless, declares his love for Sookie.
- Sookie is determined not to let anybody die because of her.
- Bill admits to Sookie he owes her everything.
While the main focus of the final season is the war in Bon Temps, the real war will ultimately be for Sookie's heart. Who do you think will she end up with: Bill or Alcide?
Meanwhile, the cast says their goodbye and gives teasers to the emotional final season on True Blood: A Farewell to Bon Temps special airing on Sunday, June 15 at 8:30pm on HBO.
Check out the short teaser below:
True Blood season 7 kicks off on Sunday, June 22 at 9pm on HBO.
(Image courtesy of HBO)