A couple of weeks before Top Chef DC
premieres on Bravo, the Internet, understandably and as expected, is already flooded with news of sightings of Top Chef
contestants and crew at certain hotspots around Washington.'Top Chef' DC: Meet the Cast
Filming reportedly took place during the first three weeks of April, which should explain why local bloggers and Twitter users have been abuzz with information and tips on the upcoming season.
has set up a pretty detailed map pointing out the locations of the sightings, such as:
- Host Padma Lakshmi was spotted at the Hilton Embassy Row in Dupont Circle.
- Judge Gail Simmons was seen at the Mexican restaurant Oyamel in NW.
- The contestants reportedly had a photo shoot on the Newseum rooftop, the location of Wolfgang Puck's restaurant.
- The chefs allegedly checked into a 5-bedroom, 5-bathroom house at 2121 Leroy Place, NW.
- Some reports say they lived in a penthouse in the Meridian Apartmants at 650 Massachusetts Avenue, NW (said place apparently had an orange "oval office" set decorated with pots, pans and knives, a Top Chef flag, and a statue of liberty with a chef's knife).
- The much-awaited Restaurant Wars reportedly filmed at Redwood in Bethesda on April 29.
Confirmed guests include Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, Assistant White House Chef and Food Initiative Coordinator Sam Kass, Rep. Aaron Schock (R-Ill.), Sen. Mark Warner (D-Va.) CIA Director Leon Panetta and NBC White House correspondent Savannah Guthrie. MSNBC host Joe Scarborough and astronaut Buzz Aldrin are also slated for guest spots.Top Chef DC
kicks off June 16 on Bravo.
(Image courtesy of Bravo)