When The Walking Dead returns for season 4 the prison will be a new place. It will be a home and community.
After the Woodbury residents moved into the prison, the single cell block and leftover prison provisions were no longer enough. The outcome was a change in the prison environment.
The Walking Dead executive producer and creator Robert Kirkman provides a guided tour of the new sets in a new video released by AMC.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Spoiler alert: This article contains mild The Walking Dead spoilers and clips.
On the set of The Walking Dead with Robert Kirkman.
The new sets:
- A new living area outside with spots to sit, hang out, and eat. The residents are making use of the prison supplies like the food trays.
- Weapons of all sorts to kill the walkers. Sharp edge means weapon!
- A makeshift power plant with batteries and generators.
- Farming: a stall for the horse and a pig pen.
- A garden with real crops. The idea was taken from the comic book.
- Weapons hang along the fencing so they are at the ready whenever needed.
- New cell block is open: Cell Block A. It's a little different from the original Cell Block C.
While the prison has been made more conducive for the larger group and has the beginnings of being a self-sustaining community, the residents may not want to get too comfortable.
Executive Producer David Alpert talked
about the dangers of this new community, "Dangling the possibility of civilization will make people much more desperate and willing to do things that would have previously been unthinkable."
From the looks of the below clip, they also aren't going to be free from threats.
A Cell Block Breach!
Daryl comes to the rescue of the little boy. He continues to be a champion and hero for the survivors at the prison.
The Walking Dead season 4 premieres on Sunday, October 13 at 9 pm ET on AMC.
Never miss The Walking Dead! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video courtesy of ABC)