The Walking Dead has moved to the prison and not without tragedy. The second episode, "Sick," picks up right where the premiere left off. While trying to clear the prison of zombies, Hershel was bit and Rick hacked off his leg in an attempt to save him. And, this all happened in front of five human prisoners.
The five prisoners are confused by what they just witnessed. The group quickly rush Hershel back to the cell block, where Carol gets to work on saving his life. The situation is dire and every second counts. Meanwhile, Daryl and T-Dog deal with the prisoners.
Here's a one-minute scene from tonight's episode:
Other highlights from the episode:
- The Greene daughters grieve over their father's situation, while holding on to hope that he won't die.
- Carl "wanders" off on his own ... again.
- Carol does all that she can to help Hershel.
- Lori steps up at a crucial moment.
- Carol realizes that she will have to deliver Lori's baby and takes a step to prepare for the inevitable.
- Glenn is there for Maggie.
- Rick makes a deal with the prisoners.
- Rick and Lori actually talk about what's going on between them.
Despite some previews that show The Governor, Michonne and Andrea in this episode, none of them appear in it.
"Sick" maintains the dark tone of the premiere with the group fighting for their lives and a peaceful existence. The episode is filled with gruesome killings and difficult choices. What is right and wrong morally is brought into question. It's a changed world and moral standards need to adjust to fit this new world.
The Walking Dead "Sick" airs tonight at 9 pm ET on AMC.
(Photo and video courtesy of AMC)