Damon pushed Elena away, the Hybrids are dead, April found her friend daggered, and Klaus is angry! Those all set up for a unsettling situation in Mystic Falls when The Vampire Diairies returns in January. At least all things are calm with the newly buff Jeremy, right? Or, are they?Spoiler alert
: This preview contains some The Vampire Diaries
spoilers for "After School Special."
According to TV Guide
, "After School Special" will have a The Breakfast Club
feel to it, when a few characters are stuck in a library together. That sounds intriguing. What secrets will they reveal? Will relationships be healed or further damaged by their time together?
Now that Mayor Lockwood has been killed, Mystic Falls will need a new mayor. Executive Producer Julie Plec told TV Guide
that Bonnie's father will become the interim Mayor. She also revealed that the next five episodes will be the Silas chapter and bring that storyline "to a head."
For more on the shows January return, check out the official The Vampire Diaries
trailer released by the CW.
Highlights for the trailer:
- Rebekah's back! And, Kol too.
- Damon is helping train Jeremy to be a Hunter.
- Who is Jeremy training with? Matt?
- "You are here to grow Jeremy's mark." "That's a pity." -- Klaus
- "What else is there to talk about? How many more ways can you rip my heart out?" -- Stefan
- What a confrontation between Elena and Stefan! Doesn't look like they will be making up any time soon.
- Lots of running around the school. And, who is fighting?
- Drowning? Ouch.
- "Tell Klaus we aren't going to do this his way." -- Jeremy
The Vampire Diaries returns on Thursday, January 17th at 8 pm ET on the CW.
(Image and video courtesy of the CW.)