You know you want to be as cool as Gabrielle Douglas.
If you didn't already know this, you should now -- the cast of The Vampire Diaries has recorded a personalized video message to the Olympic champion gymnast. Check out that coolness for yourself here!
Why would the cast of The Vampire Diaries
take the trouble to personally congratulate Gabrielle Douglas on her Olympic wins in the team and individual all-around gymnastics competitions? The simple answer is that The Vampire Diaries
And Gabby Douglas turns out to be a fan.
This fact became known to the world when Vampire Diaries
executive producer Julie Plec shared some excitement on Twitter
"In the span of one week I learned that an Olympic Gold Medalist and an American Idol love TVD. That rocks. @gabrielledoug @kelly_clarkson"
Plec's enthusiasm is amusing enough. But it pales in comparison to what came next. It seems that, as much as Gabrielle Douglas loves The Vampire Diaries
, The Vampire Diaries
loves Gabrielle Douglas right back. And, being TV people, of course they had to make a video.
It's not a long video, of course. Even with a whole bunch of people participating, it does not take that long to say congratulations. Just 35 seconds. No time at all! But if efficiency is not enough to tempt you, keep in mind that this is a chance to see Vampire Diaries
stars like Nina Dobrev, Ian Somerhalder, Claire Holt, Michael Trevino and Paul Wesley in action.
Enjoy the Gabby Douglas-directed awesomeness below!
Like I said, cool. Very, very cool.Reasons Gabrielle Douglas is super-cool, other than this video:
- She has good taste in television, as evidenced by her liking of The Vampire Diaries.
- Her nickname is "The Flying Squirrel." Anything that reminds us of Rocky and Bullwinkle is cool.
- She can do gymnastics stuff that would leave most of us deader than your average Vampire Diaries character.
- Gabrielle Douglas has been congratulated via Twitter by the likes of Lady Gaga, Oprah Winfrey and even President Barack Obama.
- Two gold medals. And counting.
Yeah. Gabrielle Douglas is much cooler than most of us. So I guess she deserves Vampire Diaries
love!(Images courtesy of The CW and NBC, video courtesy of The CW)