We saw her die in the season 3 finale. So what happens when Elena Gilbert wakes up from death in the Vampire Diaries season 4 premiere? She may be in for the shock of a lifetime (or deathtime). Check it out with this video from the beginning of "Growing Pains."WARNING: This video contains some big Vampire Diaries season 4 spoilers. If you don't want to know how the episode begins, don't watch. Simple enough.
Elena never wanted to be a vampire, of course. But, like most of the undead, she didn't exactly have a choice. Maybe that's why the girl has so much trouble figuring out what is going on after she wakes up in bed. Having Damon and Stefan sitting around and looking concerned may be a bit confusing too.
Check out Elena's confusion -- and the probable first few minutes of season 4 -- here in this Vampire Diaries
This is going to be fun.
Highlights and interesting points from the video:
- Are the increasingly loud sounds of birds, traffic and sirens announcing the beginnings of Elena's super hearing abilities?
- That is not a pleasant, calm wake-up. From death.
- "You've been in-and-out for hours." It isn't just a sudden thing then? Weird.
- Elena obviously does remember the accident.
- Damon is not in a good mood. That's understandable.
- We have got to wonder how long it would have taken Stefan to break the bad news to Elena if Damon hadn't been sitting there making his sarcastic, angry comments.
- It was Damon's blood that Elena had in her system when she drowned. That may just prove important as the season goes on. Will Elena feel a stronger attachment to her sire?
- Considering that she had been through a whole bunch of life-threatening trauma even before she drowned in a car accident, Elena is impressively quick at realizing the implications of the vampire blood.
- You know, it's only courteous to answer promptly when someone asks "Am I dead?"
Will Elena stay among the undead? Can anything save her from a vampire fate? We will find out when The Vampire Diaries
returns for its season 4 premiere, "Growing Pains," on Thursday, October 11 at 8pm on The CW.(Images and video courtesy of The CW)