Is Jedikah a villain or a hero on The Tomorrow People? So far he definitely appears to be on the villain side of the spectrum with his firm grip and willingness to kill. Throughout the season, his motivations and methods will become more clear.
I recently visited the show's sets in Vancouver and walked through the various sets (check out photos below) and interviewed the cast. Mark Pellegrino sat down with reporters to discuss Jedikah's sense of purpose and conviction to get the job done.
Mark Pellegrino Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- Jedikah goes after The Tomorrow People because they have "capacity and perhaps the will to harm us."
- Ultra and Jedikah "eliminate the bad ones" and "turn the ones that aren't a threat to humanity and take their powers from them."
- Jedikah has a clear focus when it comes to his mission, but as more happens it becomes gray.
- Jedikah shouldn't be taken at face value. Just because he says something doesn't mean it's true. Stephen is a smart guy and well beyond his years.
- Pellegrino plays Jedikah as if "he is right and believes in what he is saying and doing."
- Jedikah wouldn't mind having a superpower, but he has his own abilities. Intelligence, courage, conviction are all characteristics that help him.
- Jedikah is concerned with humanity and the effect of these people on humanity. Though, envy may play a role in his motivation as well.
- Jedikah has a strong sense of justice. If he found out he was wrong it would be "devastating."
- He may be hiding things though. He's a complicated man.
- Pellegino loves Jedikah's conviction, passion, and intelligence. The leader has the guts to carry it through even if some find it morally irreprehensible. He's brave, smart, and more conviction.
- "He's complicated. You will see."
The Tomorrow People airs Wednesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss The Tomorrow People! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video courtesy of the CW.)