Russell has proven to be the wild and crazy one among The Tomorrow People. After the disastrous outing at the bar, he doesn't refrain from heading out again with Stephen. Russell Yoo spoke with reporters from the show's Vancouver set about Russell's place within the group, his relationships with others, and how he's driven by his past.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Check out video excerpts from his interview and highlights.
Aaron Yoo Interview
Highlights from the interview:
- Russell's power is telekinesis.
- The origin of his breakout will be revealed.
- He's the Id of the group. Acts first, thinks later. Gets him in trouble.
- Russell's initially weary of Stephen, but the new guy quickly proves his value. They become better friends, but that brings Stephen into dodgy situations.
- Abilities are like muscles. They each have their strengths.
- While doing pick up scenes in the New York subway, Russell got an appreciation for how difficult it would be to live underground. If you were stuck in one for even a week, you'd go crazy. They have been hiding down there for a couple years.
- There's more to Stephen than his powers. He makes them question how they are living.
- Stephen doesn't just accept the status quo and that influences the other Tomorrow People.
- Yoo had fun playing the flashback Russell. He was a very different person back then. He had a lot of pain in his past. He's driven in the present day by his past.
- Russell has a brother-sister relationship with Cara. They are both pushing for similar things. Russell and John have conflicts, but it's sort of like a brotherly rivalry. A Wolverine-Cyclops type of relationship.
- He gets to do some cool fight scenes because of his experience with martial arts.
The Tomorrow People airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
(Image courtesy of the CW/Video: Carla Day)