The Originals premieres on Thursday, October 3 after The Vampire Diaries for a special presentation of their premiere. It will be a retelling of the original pilot, while also introducing new viewers to the magical world of New Orleans.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Julie Plec spoke to reporters this summer about the first couple episodes and the difference between the two series. Check out the full video interview and highlights.
Executive Producer Julie Plec interview
Highlights from the interview:
- The premiere is a retelling of the original pilot (which aired as a Vampire Diaries episode).
- In episode 2, the story jumps forward and Rebekah shows up in New Orleans.
- Marcel's history will be revealed, his relationship with the family, and the town.
- The mythology between The Originals and The Vampire Diaries will not necessarily be aligned. If there is a change though, there will be a specific reason why it's different in New Orleans.
- The Vampire Diaries was about spirtual magic and in New Orleans it's about ancestral magic. Power is drawn from the cemetaries of their ancestors. If they live the area, they lose their power.
- They used the spirit of voodoo, but were careful not to be disrespectful or irresponsible. It was the inspiration.
- Matt Donovan could show up on The Originals or Rebekah could return to The Vampire Diaries. They have some good ideas for crossovers based on the stories.
The Originals premieres on Thursday, October 3 at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss The Originals! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video: Carla Day)