The Mentalist's 100th episode, called "Red Dawn," airs this Sunday night at 10/9c on CBS. Check out the preview videos below to get a sneak peek at how it all began for Jane and the rest of the CBI team.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
In the preview video for the episode, we can see that the show will be taking us back to 2004 when Jane first met Lisbon and the rest of the team. It's obvious from the clip that Jane is still suffering severely from the loss of his wife and daughter. What's not clear is exactly how he ends up from being just a man who wants answers about his family, to the guy who begins consulting on a murder case. My guess is that he was hanging around the precinct and happened to be there at the right time to make some of those observations of his; causing Lisbon to decide that they could use his help.
Here are a few more things we know after watching the preview:
- Lisbon didn't accept Jane's claims of being a fraud and in fact encouraged him to use his "gift."
- Jane's stomach didn't take too well to the sight of his first dead body.
- Pretty much everyone had different hair back then.
- Lisbon's first impression of Jane was that he looked homeless.
In the sneak peek clip, we see the moment where Jane and Lisbon met for the very first time. The thing that struck me immediately in this clip is just how different Jane looks. This is not the same guy that we know now. With the terrible tragedy he's had to endure, Jane has always had jus a slight air of sadness about him, but in the clip we see that back then he was closer to despair. Jane's little attempts at humor can't hide how broken he is; even his clothes tell the story of a man who has been through a lot of heartache. It made me want to jump through the TV to hug him and I can't wait to see how he got from that point to where we saw him at the beginning of the series.
Here are a few more things we know after watching the sneak peek:
- Jane made claims on his couch right from the beginning (at least I think that's where he's pointing).
- Jane is obviously very reluctant to go home.
- Lisbon apparently didn't trust Jane much, since she asked another officer to show him out of the building.
What did you think after watching the clips for The Menalist's 100th episode? Are you as excited as I am to see how Jane and the CBI team first started working together?
(Image courtesy of CBS)