"Poet's Fire" jumps back in time to show us the first meeting between Ryan and Joe. Unlike their various meetings at the prison, this one looks to fairly pleasant. No fingers broken then. If only Ryan knew the truth about Joe right away, how many lives would have been saved?
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Spoiler alert: This article contains The Following spoilers and clips. Proceed at your own risk!
The official synopsis from FOX for "The Poet's Fire":
A new follower is found in Rick (guest star Michael Drayer), who is on a determined path to follow through on Carroll's orders. Hardy and the FBI attempt to predict Rick's course of revenge, which leads to a surprising outcome. Meanwhile, Paul's jealousy over Emma and Jacob's relationship leads to a breaking point and the origin of Hardy and Carroll's relationship is revealed.
Here's the preview for "The Poet's Fire."
There's quite a bit of information in this short preview. Here are the highlights:
- Joe mentions someone playing with matches to Agent Parker.
- Ryan doesn't think the cult is limited to only six people.
- "Does Emma know what a liar you are?" -- Paul to Jacob.
- "Don't try to turn Jacob against me." -- Emma to Paul.
- Emma slices Paul's arm with a knife.
- "We know that Carroll's out to torture you." -- Agent Parker
"Well, it's working." -- Ryan
- Jacob takes a picture or video of a smiling Joey and Emma hugging.
- "We're going to find him." -- Ryan
"Then do it." -- Claire
- "Can I tell you a little secret?" -- Jordy
"Where's Joey?" -- Ryan
- Ryan then looks to stab Jordy or something that causes Jordy great pain.
- The FBI with Ryan goes into a home and a women jumps out at them with a weapon of some sort. A knife? Or, ice pick, maybe.
- "I'm not about revenge." -- Joe
The below sneak peek shows clips of the first meeting between Ryan and Joe. And, provides insight into Joe's incredible charisma and how he draws in his followers, including Ryan initially.
Executive Producers Marcos Siega and Kevin Williamson explain the interaction and ramifications of that meeting.
The Following airs on Monday at 9 pm ET on FOX.
Never miss your favorite shows. Add them to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free
for your phone.
(Image and videos courtesy of the FOX.)