Here's your BuddyTV High Five: The five big moments and questions from tonight's episode of The Colbert Report.
High Five Highlights:
1) Bin Laden is still dead. Thanks for clearing that up for us Stephen!
2) Colbert's new name for the Seals who killed Bin Laden: Abbattabad-asses!
3) Colbert clearly takes great delight weaving in and out of the coverage of any news event and never so much when the pundits are trying to politicize and spin an event like this. His dripping sarcasm mocks even as it celebrates. It is an art form the Colbert Report
has mastered and it was on full display tonight with the Bin Laden story.
4) Journalistic 'Grin'tegrity: Colbert coins a new phrase which mocks the newscasters who celebrate bad news (high gas prices, bad economy) because it is politically bad for the president.
5) Play like you mean it! Tackle, catch ball. That apparently sums up Rex Ryan's new book.
The Colbert Report is available on Amazon Prime.
- Do some players play like they do not mean it?
- Do you think Rex Ryan secretly watched the royal wedding before he went off to the draft?
The Last Word:
Rex Ryan, head coach of the New York Jets, comes off as an "aw shucks" kind of guy. Stephen Colbert has a way of treating his guests well, even as he throws jokes their way. At first, it seemed like Ryan was not going to be able to match wits with Colbert, but as soon as Stephen tried to veer into taboo territory (the current strike, which clearly Ryan was not supposed to discuss) Ryan came back at Colbert with one of the best responses of any guest. He held his own and came off as a charming, affable guy.
(Image courtesy of Comedy Central)