Before season 12 of The Amazing Race began filming, BuddyTV got the chance to talk to the contestants, creator and host of the show to get their thoughts on what was to come. Check back all this week as we unveil our exclusive video interviews of the 11 brand new teams.
Jennifer and Nathan
, the athletic couple from Huntington Beach, California, know something of competition. These two are confident that they have what it takes to bring home the $1 million dollars and are not willing to settle for anything less. BuddyTV sat down with this competitive couple to talk about the upcoming race, strategy, and what they plan to do with the $1 million. Watch the full video interview below.
- Jennifer and Nathan do not want to make enemies like Rob and Amber did last season. They want to have the other teams like them, at least until the final 5, at that point everyone is for themselves.
- Both Jennifer and Nathan are very competitive and they want to win. Second place isn't good enough. They are both confident that they are going to win this race.
- They believe in karma, and have seen how on past seasons, karma comes back to bite them. They don't want that to happen to them, so they plan to be nice to everyone and make friends.
- They hope to be able to strengthen their relationship through their time on the Race together, which is their ultimate goal in doing the Race, above and beyond winning the prize money.
- Their strategy going into the Race is to get along with everyone and then go for the kill at the end.
- No matter what happens, they don't want to crack under the pressure. They want to stay positive and keep moving forward.
- If they win the grand prize, they told themselves that they won't use the money for 30 days, to give them time to settle down and let it set in. Then they plan to use the money to invest in a house, real estate, and be smart with it. They don't necessarily need to use the money, but would rather put the money to work for them and for their future together.
- Fans can expect to see some entertainment. They also want to show other couples that they can have hope in their relationships for those that might also be struggling.
Check out our other exclusive video interviews for The Amazing Race 12:
Creator Bertram van Munster
Lorena and Jason
Nicolas and Donald
Ronald and Christina
Azaria and Hendekea
Kynt and Vyxsin
Kate and Pat
Ari and Staella
TK and Rachel
Shana and Jennifer
Marianna and Julia
Host Phil Keoghan
- Interview conducted by Royce Yuen
(Image courtesy of CBS)