Before season 12 of The Amazing Race began filming, BuddyTV got the chance to talk to the contestants, creator and host of the show to get their thoughts on what was to come. Check back all this week as we unveil our exclusive video interviews of the 11 brand new teams.
Azaria and Hendekea
have all the intelligence, wits and skills to win The Amazing Race 12 if they can keep their personality differences and the big brother/little sister power struggle from rearing its ugly head during the course of the Race. BuddyTV had the opportunity to sit down with Azaria and Hendekea for an intimate pre-show interview to discuss their background, strategy, and goals before setting out for the Race. You can watch BuddyTV's full video interview below for an inside look at this promising pair.
The Amazing Race is available on Amazon Prime.
- Azaria and Hedekea hope to put aside their big brother, little sister differences, and be able to work together well enough to win the Race.
- They would most like to emulate Uchenna and Joyce not only because they were winners, but because they were strong competitors and were very supportive of each other and would do anything to win. They also would like to mix in a little bit of Rob and Amber as well because they were willing to go the extra mile to win the $1 million dollars.
- Hedekea hopes to really prove to herself that she can do any of these tasks physically and mentally and also to bond with her brother. Azaria also feels like he's doing this for the people back home in New Orleans because it's been a rough few years for their city.
- Their strategy is to be ahead of the pack, but at the same time, make friends and not enemies. They believe they are prepared to do really, really well in this race.
- AZaria and Hedekea are prepared to do whatever it takes to win while staying within the rules.
- They will go into every task thinking about the big picture, no matter how horrible the task is.
- When asked how far they are willing to go to win the grand prize, they said the only limitation is they will not hurt anyone to win. Other than that, everything else is free game for them and they will step up to any challenge no matter what it might be.
Check out our other exclusive video interviews for The Amazing Race 12:
Creator Bertram van Munster
Lorena and Jason
Nicolas and Donald
Ronald and Christina
Kynt and Vyxsin
Jennifer and Nathan
Kate and Pat
Ari and Staella
TK and Rachel
Shana and Jennifer
Marianna and Julia
Host Phil Keoghan
-Interview conducted by Royce Yuen
(Image courtesy of CBS)