When the Earth became uninhabitable due to nuclear radiation contamination, Humans moved into space to live. After nearly a century in space, the population outgrew the resources that the Ark could supply. Before taking population control measures, the leadership decides to send the teenage criminals down to Earth to see if it will support life or not.
Eliza Taylor plays Clarke whose mother is a scientist on the Ark and father was a leader before his death. She's one of the 100 sent to Earth and the hope for the survival of the Humans.
Eliza Taylor Interview
Highlights from the trailer:
- Clarke's father passed away.
- There's animosity between Clarke and her mother because they disagree about whether or not people should know the truth about the ark.
- Clarke is a natural born leader and she cares about people. She gets that from her father.
- The show has a Lord of the Flies tone. Clarke believes they need to work together to survive, but not everyone goes along.
- Finn is cute. "She's marked her territory there." They have lovely chemistry and want the same thing. Finn comes across as a criminal and rebel at first but he really does care. She sees that and falls for him.
- Her biggest concern is Bellamy's power over the group. He has his own agenda. While she wants the Ark to come down to Earth and he doesn't.
- They are teenagers and have act like them. They will act out and do opposite of what they're told.
- "It's what we don't see that's scary."
- Octavia is strong and fierce, but she has a good heart. Clarke doesn't always agree with her , but sees that Octavia's intention are good.
- The wristbands are the only way to communicate between the Ark and the ground. That creates a conflict between those that want to keep them on and those that want to remove them.
The 100 airs on Wednesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
(Image courtesy of the CW. Video: Carla Day. Travel and accommodations courtesy of WBTV.)