Starting at a new school is tough in the best of circumstances, but it can be a real beast when you suddenly find yourself a werewolf. Thankfully new kid Liam has Scott as his mentor and protector.
This season, Teen Wolf
has injected a little fresh blood into the cast in the form of Dylan Sprayberry's Liam. Mentoring Liam has also allowed Scott to take his journey as a werewolf full circle.
Once Scott was the one struggling with his powers and trying to gain control, now he's helping Liam find his way as a new werewolf. Of course there are some additional challenges, like that pesky dead pool.
BuddyTV was lucky enough to catch up with Tyler Posey and Dylan Sprayberry at San Diego Comic Con 2014 to talk about what's next for Scott and Liam in season four.
Watch the full video interview and check below for some highlights:
- Tyler Posey was starving, which led to a few "hungry like a wolf" jokes. It also led one reporter to hand over a bag of popcorn, which Posey devoured throughout the interview.
- The assassins really make an impact on Scott's pack and the rest of the supernatural characters in Beacon Hills. You'll see a lot of death on the assassin side and the supernatural side.
- Scott will be mentoring Liam, which is something the show has never done before. "That's what's great about this season, we're doing a lot of stuff we've never done before."
- Some characters will die. "There's always the question of who's going to get the axe this season," Posey said.
- Scott sees a lot of what he was going through in Liam.
- Tyler Posey does a pretty great Mockingjay whistle.
- Scott thinks Liam is a good kid and sees past all his anger issues. He's also just trying to make sure he doesn't die.
- Liam really respects Scott and looks up to him. Liam has a lot of problems in his life, so it's hard to trust anyone. "Especially after he bit me."
- "It's very Scott and Stiles-like, with Derek mixed in," said Posey of the relationship between Liam and Scott.
- Scott will always be learning more about his powers. "He's been an alpha for like a week," Posey said. He thinks that will also be part of next season.
- Sprayberry talks about how they've discussed that Scott is like Spiderman, he's humble and doesn't want to give himself credit but he's also a true leader.
What do you think? Are you loving Liam? Who do you think might die this season? Share your theories in the comments!
Teen Wolf's fourth season airs Mondays at 10pm on MTV.
(Image courtesy of Sarah Boyce)