In the Supernatural season 9 premiere, the situation is dire for Sam. After the angels fell from Heaven, Sam went unconscious and is near death. In "I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here," Dean will do anything to protect and save his brother. Meanwhile, Cas struggles as a human without any powers.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Spoiler alert: This article contains Supernatural spoilers and clips. You've been warned.
Official synopsis: Dean (Jensen Ackles) is frantic after Sam (Jared Padalecki) collapses and the doctor tells Dean his brother won't make it. Desperate, Dean sends out an all points bulletin via prayer to every angel in the area, asking them to help his brother. In exchange, Dean will owe that angel a favor. Numerous angry angels race to find and kill Dean, but one, Ezekiel (guest star Tahmoh Penikett), gets to him first. Meanwhile, Sam fights for his life and must face some familiar demons to do so. Castiel (Misha Collins) struggles to survive without powers.
"I Think I'm Gonna Like It Here" preview
Highlights from the trailer:
- Sam is unconscious in a hospital bed.
- "You're trying to tell me my brother's life is in God's hands?" - Dean
- "All the angels with their clipped wings will bow to me or they will burn." - Abaddon
- Ezekiel connects Dean and Sam. Sam says, "There's nothing to fight for." And, then Dean and Sam get physical.
- Abaddon strangles Dean and throws him through a window.
- Death visits Sam, "Hello, Sam. I've been waiting for you."
Highlights from the preview
- Sam and Dean are in the Impala. Dean says, "There's no easy way to say this. Something happened back there at the church. You're dying, Sam."
- The conversation was happening inside Sam's head.
- "Just because you're dying, doesn't mean you're dead. We're gonna fight this." - Dean
- Dean and Sam interrogate Crowley for the name of all the demons on earth.
- Nice punch, Dean!
- "I thought the world was ending." - Kevin
"Close." - Dean
- The Angels are out to get Cas. He gets slammed across the back of the head with wood.
- "What you call dying, I call leaving a legacy." - Bobby
- "There ain't no me, if there ain't no you." - Dean
"There's nothing to fight for." - Sam
- "You go to Hell and tell them I'm coming." - Abaddon
"Any Angel" Sneak Peek
With Sam dying, Dean goes to church and reaches out to Cas through prayer. Dean says that he's not upset and that they will work it out no matter what Cas did. That's not enough though, he says, "Screw it." Dean then places a call out to any angel that hears him for help.
Supernatural season 9 premieres on Tuesday, October 8 at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss Supernatural! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video courtesy of The CW.)