Charlie's coming back to Supernatural! When Dean and Sam find an old computer in the Men of Letters headquarters, they contact Charlie for help getting it functional again. In the process of moving the computer, they come across an unexpected guest, Dorothy from Oz.
While visiting the Supernatural set in Vancouver, I had the opportunity to walk through the Men of Letters set (see photos below) and speak with the stars of the show.
Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki spoke with reporters about the upcoming episode, "Slumber Party," which marks Felicia Day's return to the show and the appearance of Dorothy.
Check out the video excerpts of the interview about "Slumber Party." For more from the interview:
Highlights from the interview:
- Padalecki enjoys episodes that tie in pop culture and urban legends.
- In "Slumber Party," it's revealed that Dorothy was trapped in the Men of Letters headquarters. And, she gets set free ... but so does the witch.
- "Ah, Supernatural. Dorothy, right? Wizard of Oz? Just making sure." - Ackles jokes.
- Dorothy and the witch are running around the bunker. And, Charlie helps them.
- "Charlie has probably the most memorable reaction." - Padalecki
"That's right." - Ackles laughs.
- The brothers are just trying to figure out how to deal with them. Plus, they have the King of Hell in the bunker....
- Dean "has to battle with the fact" that this fictional story is real. And, Charlie has a "Well, heeellloooo," reaction.
- Sam has a pragmatic reaction."How do we fix this situation that we're in."
- Sam opens up to Dorothy in a way that he wouldn't to those close to him. He's able to tell her things because he assumes she won't be around for long.
- "Slumber Party" is a nice "one off" that's separate from the larger arc of the war going on.
- Padalecki is very excited about season 9 both for what he gets to do as an actor but the story as well.
- "It has a sorta -- I don't want to say season 4 feel to it -- but it has this feel where the boys aren't just doing monster-of-the-week type thing or just one-off funny Dorothy "Changing Channels" type thing. But we actually have another war going on that we need to try and figure out." - Padalecki
"It's so much bigger than that." - Ackles
Supernatural airs on Tuesdays at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss Supernatural! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image courtesy of the CW - Video: Carla Day)