Supernatural ended season 8 with Sam giving up on the trials and Castiel becoming Human. Last week at San Diego Comic-Con, Jared Padalecki talked about Sam's new goal, Castiel's inability to help out like before, and a big secret that will change things for Sam.
Check out the full interview below.
Highlights from the interview:
- Sam is committed to the promise he made with Dean in the church.
- Sam is goal-oriented. He needs something to focus on. It was difficult for Sam to stop the trials, but he realized it was necessary.
- His main focus now is to cure demons. He wants to free the humans that are possessed by demons.
- Now that Cas is human, Sam and Dean don't have someone to help them out in the same manner as before. Cas is now "really useless."
- Some angels are on Cas' side, but some aren't. Cas is "more harm than help."
- When Misha directs, he says they should write him out of that episode.. "I intend to have a lot fun." Jensen and Jared are going to do "something epic."
- "I'm f-ing thrilled to do something ...."
- "The way Sam heals involves a big secret between Sam and Dean. That Sam's not aware of, that Dean keeps from him. We'll see Sam go through a change -- changes regularly." This has Jared more excited about the season than he has been in a while. He calls it a "wet dream."
Supernatural returns Tuesday, October 15 at 9 pm ET on the CW.
Never miss Supernatural! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and Video: Carla Day)