Supernatural will be returning in October for its ninth season. At San Diego Comic-Con 2013, the cast reflected on their past seasons and teased what will be coming up for the Winchester brothers in the new season. Angels have fallen from heaven, Cas is human and a few fan favorites will be returning.
Jared Padalecki (Sam)
Jensen Ackles (Dean)
Misha Collins (Castiel)
Mark A. Sheppard (Crowley)
Felicia Day (Charlie)
Jeremy Carver and Robert Singer (Executive Producers)
The panel opened with a sizzle reel that started with Angels falling down to earth from last season. It cut to Dean's return home. Kevin was surprised and shot an arrow at Dean, but missed. When Kevin exclaimed in shock that Dean was still alive, Dean responded, "I'm alive because you're a crappy shot, Katniss. The next time the world's ending, grab a gun!"
The next scene was much more serious when a hooded man was brought into their home and taken to the basement. The Winchester brothers captured Crowley and demanded that he reveal the names of all the demons and their vessels.
Then the cast and producers came on stage. Here are some of the highlights from the Supernatural panel:
- The show returns to its original night. The premiere will be Tuesday, October 15 at 9pm on The CW.
- Carver said they learn quickly a world with fallen angels is basically a free for all.
- Angels on earth are not a unified body. There are many different factions. Some are vengeful.
- It's a "dirty, bloody, scary, very human world."
- Padalecki said to the the fans, "You all really kick ass." He never thought we'd be here for season 9.
- The key phrase for next season is "Free-for-all."
- Collins commented on Castiel's new Human state. "It's a remarkable shift. Prior to the end of season, he had powers to help brothers. Now, he can pop in and do laundry. Immensely rich terrain to explore as a human. Down in the filth. To eat and what happens after he eats."
- There's a Cas bathroom scene. He's an adult, but will flush the toilet for the first time.
- Sheppard wouldn't comment on whether Crowley's breakdown was genuine or not, but did say that it "had a profound effect on him." He'll go on a journey to find out what happened.
- Men of Letters headquarters will have new rooms revealed. While Dean considers it a home, Sam sees it more as a place to work.
- Jim Beaver will be returning and it's "in a way you wouldn't expect."
- Felicia Day will also be returning. She showed up in the middle of the panel. Day said they needed a "Teflon vagina." She's glad that Charlie may be a geek, but the character's not defined by that.
- Cas may be human, but he won't be driving the Impala. Dean's not the only one possessive of the Impala, Ackles doesn't like anyone else driving it either.
- Collins will be directing episode 917.
Check out the highlight clip from Comic-Con 2013
Also, in preparation for Comic-Con, stars Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles donned the Warner Bros. Comic-Con capes. Take a look at them showing off the capes below:
(Image courtesy of The CW)