Sons of Anarchy
has continued to heighten the level of violence throughout the seasons. Last season included the brutal deaths of Tig's daughter and Opie. In the season 6 premiere, the series will top itself once again in a different, yet even more tragic way.
Spoiler alert: This article contains Sons of Anarchy spoilers and clips. You've been warned.
The season 6 premiere titled, "Straw," picks up a few days after Clay and Tara have been arrested and they are both in custody as the season begins. Jax has to deal with the aftermath of Pope's execution and his decision to set Clay up for the killing. It's not without ramifications.
Of course, other situations and troubles also come up to cause Jax and the club troubles.
Here are seven things to know about the first three episodes of Sons of Anarchy season 6, especially the season premiere:
- In the first video sneak peek that was released, Jax tells August, "I think Clay would do anything to survive." Jax is both very right and very wrong about Clay when he says this. It's a pivotal moment in determining Clay's future.
- If you thought that you'd seen the worse that Otto could face, you'd be wrong. It gets worse for him ... much worse.
- A troubled Lyla returns and sets into motion a new rivalry.
- After removing the VP patch, Bobby is on a journey to find his place within SAMCRO.
- Tara and Jax's relationship is troubled and leads to each of them keeping major secrets from the other.
- Lee Toric may be the most formidable threat that Jax and the club have ever faced before. He may present himself as being on the side of the law, but he knows no boundaries.
- The season premiere ends with a tragedy that the club never saw coming and it will change them forever.
There are quite a few major events that occur in "Straw," but it's the almost hidden thread throughout the episode that will break your heart and torture your soul in the end. This hour is brilliantly written, directed and edited. Even though you may not want to watch it again, it's worth it for the storytelling.
For more on the season, check out the below sneak peek. It includes scenes from the first three episodes.
Still want more information on the upcoming season? Check out our interviews with Executive Producer Kurt Sutter and the cast.
Sons of Anarchy season 6 premieres on Tuesday, September 10 at 10 pm ET on FX.
Never miss Sons of Anarchy! Add the show to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video courtesy of FX.)