The most anticipated, yet dreaded season of Sons of Anarchy is almost here. There are only 13 episodes of the beloved series left to air starting September 7 on FX. When it's done, it's done. During San Diego Comic-Con, Theo Rossi and Kim Coates spoke with reporters about the milestone, Juice and Tig's journeys so far and teased the intensity of the last season.
Watch the video interview and check out the highlights below.
Interview with Theo Rossi and Kim Coates
Highlights from the interview:
- "Seven 7 is absolute chaos" for Juice.
- Tig should have been killed almost every season. How has he survived? What would be the point of killing him now?
- For Juice, he's been in trouble since Roosevelt held the truth about Juice's dad in Season 4. "Running down hill hitting every tree..." Season 7 is the "culmination of all that."
- Juice has wanted to be "one of the good guys." Tig was put in a bad position when Clay "tasked" him to kill Opie, which led to Donna's death.
- "Juice was never pulling the strings." He's never done anything malicious, he was trying to protect the club or being told to do something. Juice "should never have been in the club. He should have been working at Blockbuster."
- "Isn't it great to be those Juice or Tig characters?" "These are storylines we will never forget. As actors, that's what you want. Am I a bad guy? I don't give a fuck. This is Kurt's world. We're on one of the biggest hits on the planet." - Coates
- Whether the characters live or die, they will always be remembered.
- Coates didn't want to do the scene when Tig pushes Gemma against the wall and kisses her. Sutter talked to him and explained why it worked. Gemma comes on to him. In the end, he's glad they did it.
- Coates wouldn't comment on Tig's love life.
- "The truth is it's 13 episodes of absolute chaos, adrenaline, mayhem. ... I've never been more excited for the fans." - Rossi
- "We love our fans. We're really excited to finish this puppy up because it's been the most amazing ride." - Coates
Sons of Anarchy premieres Tuesday, September 9 at 10pm ET on FX.
(Image courtesy of FX / Video: Carla Day)