Sleepy Hollow picks up in Season 2 with plenty of problems. Katrina is being held by the Horseman and Henry has been revealed as War. Abbie and Ichabod will have to take some dangerous risks to try and correct the situation.
Stars Nicole Beharie and Tom Mison, along with Executive Producers Mark Goffman and Heather Kadin sat down with reporters at San Diego Comic-Con 2014 to talk about Sleepy Hollow's mythology, twisted tales and history, and fighting evil with evil.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Check out excerpts from the full interview and highlights below.
Highlights from interview:
- The Sleepy Hollow mythology is based on real events. 30 pieces of silver is what Judas was paid supposedly to betray Jesus and twist that into their mythology. That was also used to turn Benedict Arnold and brought into the present day.
- "It's more often than not creatures we know from other stories and other fairy tales and take it and give it our own twist." - Mison
- This season, they will deal with a horrible Pied Piper. The lore will date back to the Revolutionary War and the boarding of American soldiers in homes.
- Mison would like to see some of the English people from the time period. Samuel Johnson, a fiction writer, who "penned the first dictionary" and befriended Benjamin Franklin. David Garrick, an renowned actor from the London theatre.
- Benedict Arnold is buried near Mison's flat in England.
- There's an incantation said in the middle of the night in the forest to raise the Kindred.
- The Kindred brings up the question how to you defeat something evil if you have to create something equally as evil. And how do you then control it?
- Crane and Abby are willing to do what's necessary to combat evil. They go to any lengths to save Katrina.
- Danger of the episode: You have to use a piece of the Horseman to raise the Kindred. And, he's been searching for that piece.
Sleepy Hollow Season 2 premieres Monday, September 22 at 9pm ET on FOX.
(Image courtesy of FOX/ Video: Carla Day)