It's Christmas-time for the NCIS family in this week's episode, but an outbreak of a mysterious illness is putting a serious damper on the season. Check out the synopsis and preview clips from the episode, called "Homesick."
Here is the official episode synopsis from CBS:
After a mysterious illness strikes children from military families, Gibbs and the team investigate the cause. Meanwhile, Abby and Jimmy partner with the Naval Medical Research Center to determine the strain of illness, all in hopes of delivering a cure before the holidays. Also, Director Vance struggles with forgiveness as his estranged father-in-law makes a surprise visit to his home. Meredith Eaton guest stars as Carol Wilson, a lab tech with the Naval Medical Research Center, and Ben Vereen guest stars as Lamar, Vance's estranged father-in-law.
Check out a preview video from the episode below.
Here are a few things we learned from the preview:
- Abby finds a cuter outfit to where every Christmas. This one is the best yet.
- A "mystery man" comes to visit Vance's family (which is Vance's father-in-law).
- The team is racing against time as the number of people with the illness keeps on growing.
- According to Abby, the only things that should be infectious during the holidays are optimism and faith.
Check out a clip from the episode below.
Here are a few things we learned from the clip:
- Tony is apparently planning to spend his Christmas holiday in Jamaica.
- Bishop doesn't think Christmas in Jamaica is terribly Christmas-y and plans to spend her own holidays with her family in Oklahoma.
- Many girls are going to want to buy Abby's Christmas outfit so they can wear it themselves.
- Abby is handing out her famous lab-baked cookies, but Bishop isn't all that excited about the "lab-baked" part.
- McGee is in a bad mood and even gave Abby the finger when she came in. the "hang on one minute finger" that is.
- McGee and Bishop realize they both have friends in the military with children who suddenly became ill.
- According to Gibbs, the only thing worse than two sick kids during the holidays is eight sick kids.
- Abby's friend Carol is back, but sadly it's not a social call.
- Tony doesn't want anyone to say bioterror as he's had more than enough experience with it.
- NCIS will be teaming with the Medical Research Center and the CDC to take on the mystery illness.
What do you think now that you've seen clips from this episode of NCIS? Do you think the team will be fighting bioterrorists during the holidays?
NCIS airs on Tuesday nights at 8pm on CBS.
(Image courtesy of CBS)