Oftentimes, a television show will drag out a secret well past the expiration date, but that's definitely not the case on Nashville. On the season finale, "I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive," the 13-year secret of Maddie's paternity will be exposed when she goes searching for her real father.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Spoiler alert: This article contains Nashville spoilers and clips
It's time for the Country Music Awards with both Rayna and Juliette nominated for Best Female Artist. They should be having the time of their lives, right? Well, the world had a different plan for them.
Juliette is still reeling from her mother's suicide and has to confront her Jolene's true feelings for her when she finds a letter from her mother. Meanwhile, Rayna has to deal with her decision to keep Maddie's paternity a secret from Deacon for all those years.
After Scarlett dumped Gunnar over his "outlaw" persona, he decides that he wants to win her back. Is it too late for them? Will Avery get in the way of a happy reunion between the two former songwriting partners?
Teddy's life is going to be turned upside down when he finds out that Maddie knows he's not her father. His greatest fear is becoming a reality. Though, he has other concerns to worry about when the U.S. Attorney's Office investigates him for his prior fraud. Plus, Peggy returns with a big secret of her own.
The Nashville season finale looks to be jammed packed with emotionally traumatic situations. Will anyone end the season in a happy place?
Check out the preview for "I'll Never Get Out of This World Alive."
Highlights from the trailer:
- "I think you might be my father." -- Maddie
- "Tell me you haven't been lying to me." -- Deacon
- "Are you afraid I'm going to lose it on live TV?" -- Juliette
- Juliette grieves at her mother's coffin.
- Brad Paisley guest stars and preforms.
- Oh no, Will tells Gunnar he saw Scarlett out with her ex.
- Scarlett and Avery perform together.
- Teddy and Deacon get into a physical fight? Who will come out the winner?
- "Stay away from my family." -- Teddy
- "Are you drunk?" -- Rayna
"Damn it, Rayna. Let me go." -- Deacon
- Oh man, that pain in Deacon's face during that scene is horrible to see. Is there anyway they can recover from this? And, did he really drink? I hope not!
Check out the "You Lied to Me" preview: Deacon confronts Rayna about Maddie's suspicion that he's her father. Rayna tells him the truth.
Wow. Charles Esten and Connie Britton were both amazing in that clip. The Nashville finale is going to be heart-breaking. Make sure to have plenty of tissues on hand.
Nashville airs on Wednesdays at 10 pm ET on ABC.
Never miss your favorite shows. Add them to your own watch-list! Download BuddyTV Guide for free for your phone.
(Image and video courtesy of ABC.)