Nashville premiered last week and stole the hearts of millions with the gorgeous rendition of The Civil Wars' "If I Didn't Know Better." It was the perfect song for Scarlett (Clare Bowen) and Gunnar (Sam Palladio) to write together and then sing on stage.
In the premiere, Scarlett talked to Gunnar about her poetry and he encouraged her to put it to music. Together, they were created this magical song. During an open mic night at The Bluebird Cafe, they sang "If I Didn't Know Better" for the first time and blew the audience away. Even music legend, Watty White.
There are great things ahead for Scarlett and Gunnar! Check out the music video of their performance, which includes clips from the premiere and from this Wednesday's "I Can't Help It (If I'm Still in Love With You)."
During the video, we get a glimpse of what's coming up on Nashville. Here are a few of the highlights from the video:
- Deacon and Rayna perform together at the Bluebird Cafe. Juliette doesn't like that at all.
- Juliette doesn't give up. She continues to pursue Deacon.
- Deacon and Rayna have a private chat. It doesn't look like it ended well, as she looks visibly upset when he leaves.
- Deacon shows up while Juliette is recording at the studio.
- Deacon and Juliette hang out singing together outside. Picnic perhaps? And, Juliette takes her shirt off!
- Rayna sits and contemplates deeply alone in her car during a thunderstorm.
Nashville airs Wednesdays at 10 pm ET on ABC.
(Photo and video courtesy of ABC.)