Nashville returns from hiatus this week with an episode called "When You're Tired of Breaking Other Hearts." BuddyTV spoke to showrunner Dee Johnson at this month's Paleyfest event about what fans can expect to see in the rest of the season.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
Check out our exclusive interview with Nashville showrunner Dee Johnson below.
From the interview, we know that a lot more drama (and probably some more heartbreak) is coming for many of the characters on the show. Judging from the title of this week's episode, it seems that someone in particular is going to be accused of breaking some hearts. The only question is: who?
Here are a few more things we learned in the interview:
- People will get their moments of happiness, but they won't last. After all, you can't do drama without conflict.
- There will always be moments of real fun mixed in with some of the heavy, heavy drama.
- The relationship with Deacon and Rayna is going to get complicated as she is going through a divorce and he is (coincidentally) less-than available than he used to be.
- Juliette will continue to struggle with taking care of her mom, as well as her entire empire, which won't be as easy as it may have sounded to her in the beginning.
- Scarlet and Gunnar's relationship will face challenges as they find they are in very different places emotionally, plus there will be the extra complication of Avery still being around.
- Rayna and Teddy kept the secret about Deacon being Maddie's father to protect their daughter more than anything else.
- Johnson reveals a tidbit she wasn't planning on sharing: Rayna and Deacon never thought that they would ever have to discuss the issue of Maddie's father any farther than they already had.
Oooh, sounds like we may have gotten more out of Johnson than she was planning to reveal that night on the red carpet. What do you think that will mean to the story of Rayna and Teddy's big secret?
Now that you've seen the interview with Nashville showrunner Dee Johnson, are you more excited than ever for the show to return? Whose storyline are you looking forward to seeing the most in upcoming episodes?
Nashville airs on Wednesday nights at 10pm on ABC.
Want to add Nashville
to your very own watch-list? Download BuddyTV Guide for free
for your phone.
(Image courtesy of ABC)