Mob City from Frank Darabont (The Walking Dead) premieres on December 4 on TNT for a three-week six-hour special event. The limited series is set in Los Angeles during the 1940s and stars Jon Bernthal (The Walking Dead) as Detective Joe Teague and Edward Burns (Entourage) as the infamous mobster, Ben "Bugsy" Siegel.
Mob City is based on the book L.A. Noir: The Struggle for the Soul of America's Most Seductive City, by John Buntin and includes a well-known ensemble cast: Jeffrey DeMunn (The Walking Dead, The Shawshank Redemption), Neal McDonough (Captain America, Desperate Housewives), Gregory Itzin (24), Robert Knepper (Prison Break), Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes), Alexa Davalos (Clash of the Titans, The Mist) and Jeremy Luke (Don Jon).
Check out the Mob City trailer.
Highlights from the trailer:
- "High rises, low-lifes, bright lights, and back alleys."
- "[The mobsters] think they own this town, but they got it wrong. This city owns you."
- Captain William Parker wants to "decapitate the mob in Los Angeles."
- LA is a power keg.
- "He backs off or I send him to the gas chamber." - Teague
"Who the hell is this cop?" - Bugsy
- Teague doesn't care about money or getting beat.
- Cars on fire. Men hooded. Fights. Gunfire. Toasts.
- "Sooner or later, there's a fight you can't win. You've got to accept that day's coming." - Ned Stax
- Mob City premieres on Wednesday, December 4 at 9 pm ET.
(Image and video courtesy of TNT.)