Killer Women is a new series from ABC that premieres on Tuesday, Jan. 7 at 10pm on ABC. The series centers on a female Texas Ranger who uses her unique perspective to track down women killers.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
BuddyTV was on set with the cast and crew of the new show and spoke to star Michael Trucco about his character, how Billy became the rock of the Parker clan, why Billy might be a tad jealous of Molly, how getting the role was a surprise and how playing Billy compares to his time on Battlestar Galactica.
Want to know more about the show? Here is the official synopsis from ABC:
Of all the notorious lawmen who ever patrolled the violent frontier, none are more storied than the Texas Rangers. Ballsy and badass Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer) is one of the first women to join this elite group of law enforcement agents. From executive producer Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) and creator Hannah Shakespeare (The Raven), Killer Women takes us inside the dangerous world of the Texas Rangers from a female perspective.
Molly is committed to finding the truth and seeing justice served. She's even willing to break some rules to get it done. While she's surrounded by law enforcement colleagues who want to see her fail, there are those within the Rangers who have her back including her boss, Company Commander Luis Zea. Molly also has the support of her loving family including her brother Billy and his wife Becca. On the verge of getting divorced from her smarmy husband Jake, Molly relishes her newfound freedom even as she begins an affair with a sexy, dangerously handsome DEA agent, Dan Winston.
Check out the interview with Michael Trucco.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Trucco talks about his character Billy and why he's proud to be a cattle rancher and the rock of the Parker clan.
- The troubles of the family fall squarely on Billy's shoulders and why he feels responsible for all of them.
- Why Billy chose not to follow in his father and sister's footsteps to become another lawman.
- The internal conflict and possibly some envy over Molly getting the freedom to take her own career path with the Rangers.
- What drew Trucco to Billy as a character and why he was thrown at first by not being asked to read for (Mark Blucas' character) Dan.
- Billy has a secret through the course of the first season and how playing Billy compares to Trucco's time on Battlestar Galactica.
What do you think now that you've heard from Michael Trucco about his role on Killer Women? Will you be watching the show when it premieres this week?