ABC will start 2014 with a bang with its new series Killer Women, starring Tricia Helfer as a Texas Ranger who tracks down killers of the female variety.
Not all titles featured on BuddyTV are available through Amazon Prime.
BuddyTV was on set with the cast and crew of the new show and spoke to creator Hannah Shakespeare about what influenced her to write a show that centered on women killers and a female Texas Ranger who chases them.
Want to know more about the show? Here is the official synopsis from ABC:
Of all the notorious lawmen that ever patrolled the violent frontier, none are more storied than the Texas Rangers. Ballsy and badass Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer) is one of the first women to join this elite group of law enforcement agents. From executive producer Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) and creator Hannah Shakespeare (The Raven), Killer Women takes us inside the dangerous world of the Texas Rangers from a female perspective.
Molly is committed to finding the truth and seeing justice served. She's even willing to break some rules to get it done. While she's surrounded by law enforcement colleagues who want to see her fail, there are those within the Rangers who have her back including her boss, Company Commander Luis Zea. Molly also has the support of her loving family including her brother Billy and his wife Becca. On the verge of getting divorced from her smarmy husband Jake, Molly relishes her newfound freedom even as she begins an affair with a sexy, dangerously handsome DEA agent, Dan Winston.
Check out the interview with show creator Hannah Shakespeare.
Here are some highlights from the interview:
- Shakespeare discusses the title of the show and why she chose to focus on women who kill.
- Shakespeare tells why she wanted to have a female Texas Ranger, with all of her female intuition, chasing the killers.
- The overall theme of the show and what viewers can expect.
- The challenges that Molly will have to face as the hero of the show.
- The difficulties that Molly will go through after facing up to her failed marriage and her ex-husband.
- Molly's story arc throughout the first season and the things she is coming to terms with.
- The bond between Molly and Luis and what he will discover about her later in the season.
What do you think now that you've heard more about Killer Women from creator Hannah Shakespeare? Will you be tuning in when the show premieres on Tuesday, Jan. 7?
(Image courtesy of ABC)