Let me make sure I put this as plainly as possible: If you're a How I Met Your Mother
fan, you will enjoy next Monday's episode, "Glitter." I doubt it is scientifically possible that you won't
enjoy it. The elements within are just too powerful:
1. The return of Robin Sparkles in Space Teens
, a TV show about "two average Canadian teenagers who solve crimes in space using math."
2. Barney being Barney. (Awesome.)
3. Tons of hilarious sexual innuendos. (Take that, CBS primetime! This ain't your grandma's sitcom!)
4. Lily openly acknowledging that she talks too much about babies.
5. Nicole Scherzinger in a guest role that will (probably) neither appall or annoy you.
And, drumroll ... fireworks ... happy Jamaican man enthusiastically beating a steel drum ...
6. The next clue to the Mother mystery!
How do I know all
this? I watched the episode this morning (another check for the "pro"
column of being a TV blogger) and laughed, heartily. I'm like Kyle Chandler on Early Edition
: I KNOW WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN ON TV BEFORE IT HAPPENS. So take my advice
and watch the episode. And set the DVR anyway, so you can watch it
Don't believe me? That's fine. Here's a clip from the episode in which Barney reintroduces us to the glory of Robin Sparkles: