Homeland's last episode ended with Carrie almost killing herself out of despair and then receiving the biggest validation of her career. Saul showed her the video that proved that she was right, Brody is a traitor. "New Car Smell" moves quickly on that intelligence by putting Brody under surveillance.Homeland
season 2 has been full of shocking moments and reveals. It holds nothing back moving the story along at an unprecedented quick speed. That continues tonight.
Showtime has released two short scenes from "New Car Smell."
In the first video, Saul takes the video to Estes.
Based on the video, Estes orders surveillance of Brody. He brings in Carrie to help along with an analyst, Peter Quinn. Here's a clip of their base camp.
Other highlights from the episode (may include spoilers, so read at your own risk):
- Brody freaks out when Dana mentions the smell in his car.
- Carrie stages a meet with Brody outside the CIA to rattle him.
- Roya approaches Brody again.
- Dana and Finn get closer.
- Brody's Marine buddy won't give up his quest to find out the truth about Walker and the shooting.
- Mike helps Jessica when Brody's not around.
- Jessica gives Brody an ultimatum.
- Brody calls Carrie and asks her to meet him for a drink to clear the air.
- Carrie doesn't handle their meeting well and goes off the plan.
"New Car Smell" is a pivotal episode. It gets Carrie back into the game and with unexpected results.
Watch Homeland tonight, Sunday, October 21st at 10 pm ET on Showtime.
(Photo and videos courtesy of Showtime.)