Today NBC announced a more detailed schedule for its Fall premieres, including a few changes. The Molly Shannon/Selma Blair sitcom Kath and Kim
will move from Tuesdays to Thursdays, leaving room for The Biggest Loser
to gain 30 extra minutes. Also, the new series America's Toughest Jobs
from the producers of Ice Road Truckers
, will premiere this Fall as opposed to next Summer, which NBC originally planned.
Additionally, NBC announced premiere dates for all of its shows. Heroes
is returning one week later than previously announced and 30 Rock
fans will undoubtedly be upset, and with good reason. Read on to see the new NBC Fall 2008 schedule and premiere dates.
– The spy comedy returns for its sophomore season September 29 at 8pm.
– The show returns September 22 with a one-hour clip show at 8pm, followed by the two-hour season 3 premiere at 9pm.
My Own Worst Enemy
– The new Christian Slater drama premieres September 29 at 10pm.
The Biggest Loser: Families
– The family edition of the weight-loss reality series will return with two-hour episodes at 8pm after America's Got Talent
ends its run. No date was announced, though it will likely be in middle or late September.
Law and Order: Special Victims Unit
– The new season begins September 23 at 10pm.
– Justin Bruening and the new KITT ride back on TVs September 24 at 8pm.
– Following Deal or No Deal
, the ladies get busy again on September 24 at 10pm.
My Name is Earl
– The one-hour season premiere will air September 25, and will be followed by another hour-long episode the next week before returning to half-hours.
SNL: Thursday Night Live
– For October 9, 16 and 23, the 8:30pm slot will be devoted to Saturday Night Live
specials leading up to the 2008 presidential election.
– The Emmy-winning Best Comedy Series unfortunately won't return for its third season until October 30 at 8:30pm.
– One-hour episodes will start off the season, premiering on September 25. After two weeks, the show will return to half-hour format.
Kath and Kim
– Based on a popular Australian sitcom, Kath and Kim
will join NBC's Must See lineup October 9 at 9:30pm.
– The 15th and allegedly final season of the Chicago medical drama will premiere September 25 at 10pm.
America's Toughest Jobs
– This new reality competition series pits average people against one another as they compete performing some of the hardest jobs in the world, including logging, oil drilling and extreme fishing. The show has a two-hour premiere on September 12 at 8pm. For the next five weeks, it will air in one-hour episodes at 8pm and on October 24 it will air at 9pm.
– The adaptation of Daniel Defoe's novel will have a two-hour premiere on October 17 before settling in for one-hour episodes at 8pm the next week.
– The detective show returns for a second season on October 3 at 10pm.
-John Kubicek, BuddyTV Senior Writer
(Image courtesy of NBC)