Shortly before Hell's Kitchen
's January 29 debut, we previously reported that its one-of-a-kind host Gordon Ramsay
found more reason to be harsh and angry this season as his global network of restaurants and business empire are starting to feel the financial crisis. According to published reports, Ramsay's flagship restaurant in London is said to have been forced to close for a couple of days a week to deal with the decline, while his two other London restos are both for sale. The horrible thing is, his ventures on TV, specifically Hell's Kitchen
, was the cause of the decline.
Much recently, Ramsay revealed that, yes, he was pulling out of yet another of his luxury restaurants but at the same time denied speculations that the worldwide credit crunch is wreaking havoc on his business empire. His spokeswoman said Ramsay has indeed pulled out of Maze restaurant in the Czech capital Prague's Old Town Hilton.
"Day-to-day running of the food and beverage operation will pass back to the hotel management with Gordon Ramsay Holdings offering support with regard to menu planning."
The spokeswoman for Ramsay, 43, has also confirmed that two of his London restos were recently put up for sale.
She denied, however, that Gordon Ramsay Holdings was £10m in debt, and that the restaurants are on their way down. "The restaurants are actually doing very well, considering the economic climate. Bookings are up," she said.
Ramsay is one of the world's most decorated chefs, with 25 or so high-end venues to his name. He has been awarded a total of 14 Michelin Stars, currently ranking third in the world in terms of this.
- Glenn Paul Diaz, BuddyTV Staff Columnist
Source: The Herald
(Image courtesy of FOX)