Silas Weir Mitchell co-stars on the new series, Grimm, as Monroe. Monroe is a bludbad -- better known to most of us as the Big Bad Wolf. Considering that Grimm's hero, Nick Burkhardt, doesn't try to take out Monroe, it's safe to assume that he's at least a little bit of a good guy, despite his wolf-y origins.WARNING: While Silas Weir Mitchell was mostly very good about not giving away any spoiler-like details, there's a chance that some information about characters and upcoming episodes might have slipped in. If that's the case, there may be a few very tame spoilers to avoid. But we promise there's nothing too bad!
When BuddyTV visited the set of Grimm
in Portland, we had the chance to talk to Mitchell about his part, the show and the psychology of monsters.Should you watch Grimm? Check out our review here
! We apologize wholeheartedly for occasionally insane video footage. None of this was filmed by a camera professional. But we promise the videos are watchable!
Click play to watch the video below.
Highlights from the video:
- How does one reform the Big Bad Wolf? Hopefully Grimm will let us see that.
- There will be more wolves as the show goes on.
- Upcoming fairy-tale themes include "Goldilocks" and "The Three Bad Wolves" (probably a variant on "The Three Little Pigs").
- If you like dogs, enjoy the canine interval at about 2:45. The accompanying look into the psychology of the bludbad is informative, if nothing else.
- Does the bludbad regimen include breakfast cereal? This exclusive photo, taken on the Grimm set, seems to indicate part of Monroe's diet.
Click here for BuddyTV's exclusive interview with Grimm star David Giuntoli
- Considering he was filming the "Pied Piper"-themed episode at the time, it's nice that Mitchell likes that one the best.
- "Scary is good."
- The old man in the background at about 6:50 obviously had a very important phone call.
Want more Grimm
Can someone who is born a monster actually change? Do you like scary stories? Shouldn't there be a minor dog fight in every interview? Please share your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below!Want more Grimm? Click here for an extended sneak peek of the pilot episode
will premiere on Friday, October 28 at 9pm on NBC.(Image courtesy of NBC)